PDF.co PDF Form Filler is a tool designed to help users fill out PDF forms quickly and easily. It allows users to upload PDF forms and fill them out using an intuitive online interface. The tool provides a range of features such as text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down menus, and more, making it easy for users to enter data in the appropriate fields. This API tool is particularly useful for businesses and organizations that frequently deal with PDF forms, such as HR departments, legal firms, and financial institutions.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to fill out a PDF form and send it as an attachment to an email. Kindly check out the step-by-step guide below.
- Log into Make Account
- Add Google Drive Module
- Setup Google Drive Configuration
- Add PDF.co Module
- Setup Fill a PDF Form Configuration
- Run Scenario Result
- Filled PDF Form
- Add Another PDF.co
- Setup Send Email with Attachments
- Send Email Result
- Email with Attachment
We will fill out this PDF form and send it as an attachment to an email.
Step 1: Log into Make Account
- First, log into your Make account and click on the Create a new scenario button.
Step 2: Add Google Drive Module
- Next, add the Google Drive app and choose the Download a File module to download the file from Google Drive.
Step 3: Setup Google Drive Configuration
Let’s set up the Google Drive configuration.
- First, connect your Google Drive account to Make.
- For the Enter a File ID field, choose the Select from the list option to see all the available folders in Google Drive.
- In the Choose a Drive field, select the My Drive option.
- For the File ID field, select the specific folder where the file is stored.
Step 4: Add PDF.co App
- Search and select the PDF.co app and choose to Fill a PDF Form to fill out a PDF form.
Step 5: Setup Fill a PDF Form Configuration
Let’s set up the configuration.
- First, connect your PDF.co account by adding your API Key. You can get the API Key in your PDF.co dashboard.
- For the Input File field, select Upload a File to automatically load a file from Google Drive.
- For Item 1 and Item 2, add the Field name values and enter the Text values to fill out the name field, and add the Page index you want to use. The first page starts with
0and the second page stands for
1index. You can use the Request Tester tool to get the field names in PDF form and use the v1/pdf/info/fields for the endpoint.
Step 6: Run Scenario Result
- Great! The scenario runs successfully and returned the filled PDF form URL. Copy the URL and paste it into your browser to view the filled PDF form.
Step 7: Filled PDF Form
- Here’s the filled PDF form.
Step 8: Add Another PDF.co
- In this step, let’s add another PDF.co app and choose to Send Email with Attachments module so we can send the form as an attachment to an email.
Step 9: Setup Send Email with Attachments
Let’s set up the Send Email with Attachment configuration.
- For the Input Types field, select the Upload File options so we can load the output file from PDF.co Fill a PDF Form API.
- For the Upload Files field, select PDF.co – Fill a PDF Form.
- In the Email From field, add your email address.
- For the Email To field, enter the recipient’s email address.
- In the Subject field, type the subject of your email.
- For the Body Text field, add your email message to the recipients.
- For the SMTP Server field, enter
smtp.gmail.comfor the SMTP server address. Please check this page on how to set up SMTP configuration.
- For the SMTP Port field, input the
- For the SMTP Username field, add your Gmail email address.
- For the SMTP Password field, enter your Gmail password or app-specific password. Refer to this article for more information about creating app-specific passwords.
Step 10: Send Email Result
- Excellent! We successfully sent the filled PDF form as an attachment to an email. The recipients will now receive the email with an attachment.
Step 11: Email with Attachment
- Here’s what the email with the attachment looks like.
In this tutorial, you learned how to send emails with attachments using PDF.co and Make. You learned how to use the PDF.co Fill a PDF form API to fill out PDF form fields. You also learned how to use the PDF.co PDF Info Fields to get the information of the form fields.