Step by step guide:
1. In this tutorial we will show you how you can take the New Lead data from Marketo and use it to fill a fillable PDF Form as well as add the New Lead data as text objects using PDF.co and Zapier.
We will specifically take the New Lead’s name and email address. The New Lead could come from a recently submitted Marketo Web Form or manually added in the platform.
If you still need to fill in text into Fillable Fields in PDF Forms, please continue below.
Screenshot of Fillable PDF Form Template
2. We will assume that you have already configured the New Lead trigger step for Marketo. We will now set up the PDF.co action step. Kindly choose the PDF.co as the App and the PDF Filler as the Action Event.
3. Now, we will configure the PDF Filler with the Marketo data.
- In the Source PDF field, kindly enter the PDF file. In our case, we will use the fillable PDF Form that I stored in the PDF.co built-in File Storage. To learn how to use the PDF.co built-in file storage, check out this tutorial.
- In the Text Objects field, kindly enter the
x-coordinate;y-coordinate;pageNumber;marketoNewLeadData;fontSize;fontName. To help you find the coordinates easily, you can use the PDF Viewer here.
- In the Fillable Fields field, kindly enter the
pageNumber;fieldName;marketoNewLeadData. There are two ways to get the field name of an object. You can either use the Get PDF Info https://app.pdf.co/pdf-info or follow the tutorial steps here.
4. We are ready to send our PDF Filler configuration to PDF.co to Test & Review.
5. Great! PDF.co returned a temporary URL where we can view and download the filled PDF Form. Please copy and paste the URL to your browser to see the result.
6. Excellent! We have successfully filled the PDF Form with New Lead data from Marketo.
Alternative Way To Generate PDF With Marketo Using PDF.co
PDF.co has an HTML to PDF functionality. You can create your own HTML template using Raw HTML Code and Marketo data to convert into PDF. To use this functionality, kindly choose Anything to PDF Converter as the Action Event.
In this tutorial we learned how to fill a fillable PDF Form template with the New Lead’s name and email address from Marketo. Aside from filling the PDF Form, we also learned how to add the New Lead’s name and email address as text in the PDF.
We also familiarized ourselves with the helpful PDF.co built-in tools such as the File Storage, Get PDF Info, and the Simple PDF Viewer.