- Log in to Make Account
- Microsoft 365 Email Module
- Watch Messages Trigger
- Microsoft 365 Email Configuration
- Choose Where to Start
- Add PDF.co Module
- Make an API Call Module
- Setup PDF.co Configuration
- Run Scenario Result
- Generated PDF Output
Here’s the sample Outlook email and will convert it into a PDF.
Step 1: Log in to Make Account
- First, let’s start by logging into your Make account and clicking on the Create a new scenario button.
Step 2: Microsoft 365 Email Module
- Next, search and select the Microsoft 365 Email module.
Step 3: Watch Messages Trigger
- Then, choose the Watch Messages module to trigger when a new message is sent or received.
Step 4: Microsoft 365 Email Configuration
Let’s set up the configuration.
- First, connect your Microsoft Outlook account to Make.
- In the Watch Messages field, let’s select the All option so we can see all messages in the Outlook email.
- For the Mail Folder field, enter the type of folder where you want to get the email.
- In the Search field, input the email subject message.
- For the Limit field, enter the number of results to be worked with during the execution cycle.
Step 5: Choose Where to Start
- In the Choose where to start field, select the option below where you’d like to get the email.
Step 6: Add PDF.co Module
- Let’s add another module and select the PDF.co app.
Step 7: Make an API Call Module
- Next, select the Make an API Call so we can use the HTML to PDF API endpoint.
Step 8: Setup PDF.co Configuration
Let’s set up the PDF.co configuration.
- First, connect your PDF.co account to Make by adding the API Key. You can get the API key in your PDF.co dashboard.
- For the PDF.co API Endpoint field, enter the v1/pdf/convert/from/html endpoint. This API endpoint will convert HTML into a full-featured PDF.
- We will set up the Body param. For Item 1, enter
htmlas the key and select the
Body Contentfrom the Outlook Email.
- For Item 2, type
nameas the key and enter your desired generated PDF file name.
Step 9: Run Scenario Result
- Great! The scenario runs successfully and returned a temporary URL, copy the URL and paste it into your browser to view the output.
Step 10: Generated PDF Output
- Here’s the generated PDF from the Outlook email.
In this tutorial, you learned how to convert an Outlook email into a PDF using PDF.co and Make. You also learned how to use the HTML to PDF API endpoint to generate a PDF file.