When it comes to extracting data from an Excel sheet and converting it into a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file using Python, the PDF.co Web API offers a reliable and efficient solution. With its capabilities, PDF.co enables developers to automate the extraction process and simplify their workflows.
PDF.co Excel to CSV API is a tool that allows you to convert Excel files (XLS and XLSX) to CSV (Comma-Separated Values) format programmatically using API Calls. It enables smooth integration of Excel to CSV conversion into your applications, workflows, or systems, automating the process and saving time.
In this guide, we will explore how to extract an Excel sheet to CSV in Python using PDF.co Web API. Kindly follow the simple step-by-step guide below.
- Install the Request Module
- Open Python Editor
- Setup Python Code
- Run the Program Result
- Excel to CSV Output
- PDF.co Excel to CSV Demo
We will use a sample Excel spreadsheet and convert it into a CSV format.
Step 1: Install the Request Module
- To get started, we need to install the requests module, which is commonly used for managing packages in Python. To install the requests module, open your command line and enter the following command
python -m pip install requests. Press the Enter key to execute the command, and the requests module will be installed in your Python environment.
Step 2: Open Python Editor
- Once you have installed the requests module, open your preferred Python editor, such as Visual Studio Code, or any other editor of your choice.
- Next, add the Python sample code to your editor. You can obtain the Python sample code by visiting this link.
Step 3: Setup Python Code
Let’s proceed with setting up the Python code.
- In the code, locate line 8 and add your API Key. You can obtain the API Key from your PDF.co dashboard or by signing up at this link.
- Move to line 11 and input the direct URL of your specific Excel file. Make sure to provide the correct URL where your Excel file is hosted or accessible.
After setting up the Python code, save the file to ensure it is recognized as a Python script. Then, proceed to execute the program by clicking on the Run button.
Step 4: Run the Program Result
- After successfully running the program, click on the resulting URL to download the generated CSV output.
Step 5: Excel to CSV Output
- Here is the extracted data from the Excel sheet in a CSV format.
Step 6: PDF.co Excel to CSV Demo
- Check out this PDF.co Excel to CSV in action.
In this tutorial, you learned how to extract Excel sheet data to CSV format in Python using PDF.co Web API.