Step by step guide:
1. In this tutorial we will create an Invoice using a PDF template file as the base. We will generate a PDF invoice with just text and images using the PDF Filler in PDF.co. With PDF Filler in PDF.co, you can set text color, name, size, style, and the images can be resized.
Screenshot of Output PDF Invoice
Note: We have recently released a new version. Kindly use the latest version and re-authorize PDF.co in your Zapier account.
2. To start, let’s set the PDF.co as the App and the PDF Filler as the Action Event.
3. Next, let’s configure the PDF Filler with our Invoice data. You can use our PDF Viewer tool to easily identify the coordinates of the area where you want to place your text and images in the PDF document. You can check it out here https://app.pdf.co/pdfviewer
- Leave the Source PDF field empty to create the Invoice from a clean slate.
- In the Text objects field, enter the coordinates, page number, text, font size, font name, and font color in this format
- In the Images field, same thing enter the coordinates, page number, image URL, width, and height in this format
PDF.co has a built-in File Storage where you can upload, store and re-use your files. I uploaded an image file in my PDF.co File Storage and grabbed the link as my ImageURL in the Invoice. Check out this tutorial to see it in action.
4. Now it’s time to send our data over to PDF.co to Test & Review.
5. PDF.co generated a temporary URL where we can access the PDF Invoice. Copy and paste the URL in your browser to view and download the Invoice.
6. Excellent! We have successfully made a PDF Invoice by adding text and image to an empty PDF.
In this tutorial we learned how to add text and images to an empty PDF. We also learned how to find the coordinates of objects using the PDF Viewer. And most of all, we also learned how to create an Invoice using the PDF Filler in PDF.co.
Screenshot of Generated PDF Invoice Composed Of Text And Image Only