Step by step guide:
1. In this tutorial, we will show you how you can add a Barcode in a specific area in a PDF file. We assume that you have done the Barcode generation step on Zapier. In case you don’t, here’s a tutorial on how to generate a Barcode using Zapier https://pdf.co/how-to-generate-barcode-using-zapier
2. For this demo, we will use this sample Google Invoice and add a QR code at the bottom right.
Screenshot of Source PDF
NOTE: Aside from QR Code, you can also add Datamatrix, PDF 417, Code 128 and other supported Barcode types.
3. Let’s start by choosing PDF.co as the app and select PDF Filler as the action event. The PDF Filler makes it possible for us to fill out PDF forms and add texts and images to a PDF file.
4. Now, it’s time to Customize the PDF Filler. In here, we will enter and specify the Google Invoice location, the Barcode Image, and the area we want to put the Barcode in.
- In the Direct Link to Source PDF field, enter the source PDF file link. In this case, we will enter the Google Invoice direct link.
- In the Images field, enter x;y;pages;urltoimage.
x and y are coordinates of a page. pages refer to the page number. A page number starts from 0. urltoimage is the location of the image or Barcode. For urltoimage, we picked the Barcode Generator in PDF.co link. Keep on tweaking the coordinates until you get your desired location.
4. We are now ready to Send our data for Test & Review.
5. A successful test will return a URL of the file. Copy and paste the URL link to see the PDF file output.
6. Yay! We have successfully added a QR code in a specific place in the Google Invoice PDF file.
Screenshot of Output PDF