In this tutorial, you will learn how to add text in PDF and upload a file to Google Drive storage using PDF.co and Zapier integration.
In this demo, we have already configured the input source. It can be anything based on your requirement.
- Make a Zap
- Google Drive App
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger Result
- Select App and Event
- Enter the Input File to be Processed
- Test & Review
- Expected Result
- Save the File to Google Drive
- Configure Upload Details
- Check the Result
- See the Saved File
- How to upload file to Dropbox with PDF.co using Zapier https://pdf.co/how-to-upload-file-to-dropbox-using-zapier
We will use this sample PDF document to add text and upload files to Google Drive.
Step 1: Make a Zap
- Let’s start by logging into your Zapier account and clicking on the Create a Zap button.
Step 2: Google Drive App
- Next, search and select the Google Drive app and choose the New File in Folder as a trigger.
Step 3: Setup Trigger
Let’s set up the trigger.
- First, select My Google Drive for the Drive to use.
- Next, enter the specific folder where the file is stored.
Step 4: Test Trigger Result
- Great! The test trigger was successful and fetch the file from Google Drive.
Step 5: Select App and Event
- Let’s select PDF.co as the input app and PDF Filler as the event. The PDF Filler event can add multiple texts or images to the PDF document.
Step 6: Enter the Input File to be Processed
- Next, in the Direct Link to Source PDF, enter the input file that you would like to process.
- Under Text Objects, provide the input text in a predefined format such as X and Y, page index, input text, font size, font family, etc.
- Then, specify the output PDF file name.
Step 7: Test & Review Action
- Now we are ready to send the input request to PDF.co. If the input request data looks good, then we will proceed with the Test & Review action.
- Once the response has been received from PDF.co, the output should produce a URL that contains the processed output file.
Step 8: Expected Result
- The output file looks similar to this. The text Hello World! should be in the top left corner of the output file.
Step 9: Save the File to Google Drive
- We are now ready to save the file to Google Drive. Here we have selected Google Drive as the input app and Upload File as the event.
Step 10: Configure Upload Details
With the Google Drive account added, it is time to configure the upload details.
- In the Folder field, specify the output Google Drive folder name.
- In the File field, paste the output file URL from PDF.co’s response.
- Under Convert To Document, choose True or False to convert or not.
- Then, provide your output File Name.
- And lastly, enter your desired output File Extension.
Step 11: Check the Result
- The image below is the requested data that we will send over to Google Drive API. If it looks good, then we can proceed with the Test Action.
- Below is what the successful response looks like:
Step 12: See the Saved File
- Go to your Google Drive output folder, and you should find the new output file saved successfully.
In this tutorial, you learned how to upload a document into Google Drive storage using Zapier and PDF.co integration.