How to integrate Postman with PDF.co
Postman is the collaboration platform for API development, used by 10 million developers and 500,000 companies worldwide. The Postman API Platform’s features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration so you can create better APIs—faster. We’re a global company with headquarters in San Francisco, a large office in Bangalore (where the company was founded), and distributed team members on four continents. Postman is privately held, with funding from Insight Partners, Nexus Venture Partners, and CRV.
Read more about Postman at http://postman.com
Step by Step Tutorial
This tutorial will show you how to import the Postman Collection JSON, set up your Postman environment, use the different PDF.co API endpoints to convert HTML to PDF and a whole lot more.
Before beginning the Postman Collection tutorial, please do the following:
How to Import Postman Collection JSON on Postman
Step 1 – Sign up on PDF.co and get your API key.
Step 2 – Open Postman and click the Import button on the top left.
Step 3 – Click on Upload files button and select the Postman Collection JSON file.
Step 4 – Click on Import button
Step 5 – Once you have imported the file, you should see PDF.co API v.1 under Collections Tab.
How to Set Up An Environment on Postman
Step 1 – Next, we are going to set up an Environment. Click on the gear icon on top right.
Step 2 – Then click the Add button.
Step 3 – For this demonstration, I am going to name my environment Demo.
Step 4 – Next add the variable name x-api-key under Variable Column and your API key in Current Value
Step 5 – Then click on the Add button
Step 5 – Select your Environment name on the drop-down menu
How to Convert HTML Code to PDF
Step 1 – Open the Collections tab and expand PDF.co API v.1 folder
Step 2 – Expand PDF Generator folder and click on PDF from HTML
Step 3 – Click on GET /pdf/convert/from/html.
Step 4 – Click on Body tab
Step 5 – Select form-data
Step 6 – Look for the HTML key and paste your HTML code for its value.
Step 8 – Write your desired output filename in the name key value.
Step 9 – Click on the Send button
Step 10 – Scroll down and make sure that the Status is 200 OK.
Step 11 – Copy the URL and paste it in your browser’s address bar to see your converted HTML Code to PDF.
NOTE: The PDF file is temporarily stored in the cloud and will expire in an hour. Be sure to download/move it to permanent storage.
What is PDF.co?
PDF.co is the secure and scalable data extraction API service with a full set of PDF tools included.
- Decrease data entry costs using AI-powered unstructured data extraction from PDF and scanned documents, invoices, reports, receipts, agreements;
- Read from complex documents using customizable Document Parser. Supports automatic reading from tables, PDF forms, mixed content documents;
- Save time on preparing documents with PDF filler functionality that can add text, images, fields to PDF forms and PDF documents;
- Leverage power of the built-in full set of PDF tools: split PDF, merge PDF, delete pages, advanced HTML to PDF generation;
- Detailed API logs for Enterprise users with audit logs requirements;
- On-premise and offline versions are available for Enterprise users;
- All documents and files processed by PDF.co are encrypted at rest using AES 256-bit encryption;
- PDF.co relies on TLS and SSL to transmit data and files (the same security protocols that are used by banks)
- Runs on award-winning secure certified Amazon AWS infrastructure: https://pdf.co/security
Postman and PDF.co integration
Contact us if you need help or support: