Have you ever wanted to automate removing a password to your PDF files? So that you can share them with your colleagues or other people without the need to provide them with a password to open the PDF file? PDF.co and Zapier can help you automate the process of removing a password to a PDF file.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Create a Zap!
- Select a Trigger App
- Select a Trigger Event
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Select an Action App
- Select an Action Event
- Setup Action
- Test Action
We will use this password-protected PDF for this tutorial:
Here’s a step-by-step guide with screenshots:
1. Create a Zap!
- Click Create Zap on the upper-left corner of your Zapier dashboard.
2. Select a Trigger App
- For this tutorial, we will be using Google Drive as our Trigger App
3. Select a Trigger Event
- For the trigger event, we will set it to New File in Folder. This way every time there’s a new file added to your Google Drive folder, it will trigger this zap.
4. Setup Trigger
- Select the Drive and Folder that you’re going to use.
5. Test Trigger
6. Select an Action App
- Search and select PDF.co as your Action App.
7. Select an Action Event
- We will use PDF Security as the action event. This API can be used to both add or remove a password to a PDF.
8. Setup Action
- In the PDF URL, insert the URL to your PDF file.
- Select Remove Security, in Mode.
- Add the Password of your PDF file in the Owner Password field.
- You may set the Name of your output PDF
9. Test Action
- Here’s the output PDF.
In this tutorial, you’ve learned how to remove a password from a PDF file using an API integration with Zapier.