What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and over 1,500 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. It’s easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
We prepared this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots on how to make a Zap using PDF.co to add Images or Text to a PDF that also links to a webpage.
The screenshot of the input source PDF file:
Due to great variations of input sources, this tutorial will assume you have already set up the trigger phase before the “Do this” part, where PDF.co comes into play.
- Under “Do this …” Choose App & Event search and select PDF.co from the list of apps
- Under Choose Action Event select PDF Filler
- Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier
- Under Customize Anything to Pdf set the Source Type to Link to a website and the PDF URL to Direct Media Link
- On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned URL is a direct link to the converted file.
Step by step guide:
1. Under “Do this …” Choose App & Event search and select PDF.co from the list of apps
2. Under Choose Action Event select PDF Filler
3. Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier
4. Under Customize PDF.co Pdf Filler set the Direct link to source PDF and the data to be added, pay particular attention to the syntax, and everything will work correctly.
To find X and Y coordinates where you should add text, links, or images, just use our special PDF viewer with coordinates here
On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned URL is a direct link to the new PDF file with the added images, text, and links.
Check if everything works correctly and without errors then hit RETEST & CONTINUE
The screenshot of the output PDF generated with text, images, links, checkboxes, edit input box added
(added parts are highlighted with the red color):
Give a name to your Zap at the top-left corner, then hit Done Editing, you can then TURN ZAP ON
Depending on your Zapier plan and settings, your Zaps will trigger and the output and logs can be found in your Tasks History.
Zapier Video Tutorial
Check out our other PDF.co & Zapier tutorials!