Import Invoices into Xero – Step-by-Step Guide:
- Add Google Drive App Event
- Set Up Trigger Event
- Configure Google Drive
- Google Drive Trigger Test
- Add PDF.co Action Step
- Set Up Document Parser
- Configure Action Event
- Test Action Event
- Parsed Invoice Output
- Add Xero Action Step
- Set Up Action Event
- Xero Sales Invoice Configuration
- Test Action Event
- Xero Invoice Confirmation Result
- Xero Sales Invoice Output
In this tutorial, we will show you how to Import Invoices into Xero from PDF or Scanned Documents using PDF.co and Zapier. We will extract the data from this sample PDF Invoice and import it to Xero.
Screenshot of Source PDF
We will now start by clicking on the Make a Zap button at the top-right corner of your Zapier dashboard.
Step 1: Add App Event
Under the App Event field, we will choose Google Drive for our App.
Step 2: Set Up Trigger Event
Under Google Drive are the”Choose app and event” and “Trigger Event”
- In the Choose app and event field, select the Google Drive app.
- In the Trigger Event field, select the New File in the Folder.
Step 3: Configure Google Drive
Now, let’s Set up the Trigger.
- In the Drive field, select My Google Drive. If nothing is selected then your personal Google Drive will be used.
- In the Folder field, select the folder where you stored the files.
Note: New files added to subfolders inside the folder you choose here will NOT Trigger this Zap.
Step 4: Google Drive Trigger Test
Now, let’s test the trigger to make sure that the right account is connected and your trigger is set up correctly.
Step 5: Add Action Step
In this Action step, let’s choose PDF.co.
Step 6: Set Up Document Parser
Then, select the Document Parser in the Action Event field.
Step 7: Configure Action Event
Let’s set up the Document Parser Action Event.
- In the Input field, enter the source URL from Google Drive.
- In the Template Id field, let’s leave the default Template Id because it works with this sample PDF Invoice.
Step 8: Test Action Event
Step 9: Parsed Invoice Output
Excellent! PDF processed our request successfully and returned the extracted data from the PDF. We are now ready to import this to Xero and create an invoice.
Document Parser Output
Step 10: Add Xero Action Step
In this Action, let’s choose Xero.
Step 11: Set Up Action Event
Then, select the Create Sales Invoice in Xero as the Action Event.
Step 12: Xero Sales Invoice Configuration
We are now ready to map the PDF.co Document Parser data to the Xero Sales Invoice.
- In the Organization field, select the Organization name.
- In the Contact Name field, enter the name of the invoice recipient.
- In the Email Address field, enter the recipient’s email address.
- In the Date field, map the invoice date from the parsed data.
- In the Due Date field, map the corresponding invoice due date from the parsed data.
- In the Currency field, select the invoice currency.
- In the Description field, choose the column 1 values separated by a comma.
- In the Quantity field, choose the column 2 values separated by a comma.
- In the Unit Price field, choose the column 3 values separated by a comma.
Step 13: Test Action Event
Step 14: Xero Invoice Confirmation Result
Excellent! Our test was a success. Xero confirmed that an invoice has been created.
Step 15: Xero Sales Invoice Output
This is the output of the sales invoice that we made.
The output of the Sales Invoice
In this tutorial, we learned how to extract the data from a PDF invoice using the PDF.co Document Parser. We also learned how to import this data to Xero to create a new invoice.
Video Guide – Import Invoices into Xero from PDF
- How to Convert Invoice to CSV using PHP
- How to Convert Invoice to XLS using Zapier
- Parse Invoices Automatically using Zapier
- Parsing PDF Invoices from Dropbox via PDF.co Document Parser for Make
- How to Extract Text From PDF Invoices and Bulk Save to Spreadsheet
- Convert PDF Invoices to Google Sheets using Zapier
- Convert PDF Invoices to Google Sheets using Integromat
- Convert PDF Invoice to Google Sheet using PDF.co and Google Apps Script
- Extract Text from Scanned PDF in PHP using PDF.co Web API
- How to Extract Text from PDF and Paste in Excel using Python and PDF.co Web API
- How to Read PDF Invoices in Python using PDF.co Web API
- Google Invoice Parser to Read PDF Invoices and Orders with Google Script and PDF.co
- How to Extract Invoice Data from Image in Python using PDF.co Web API
- Parse Invoice and Send Data to Airtable with PDF.co using Zapier
- Parse Invoice and Send Data to Airtable using PDF.co and Make
- Extract Invoice Data from PDF using PDF.co and UiPath
- Parse Invoice using Salesforce Apex using PDF.co
- Extract Invoice Information with SharePoint and PDF.co
- Extract Data from Invoices to Avoid Fraud using PDF.co Document Parser
- Parse Invoice Table with Empty Columns using PDF.co Document Parser
- Import Invoices into Xero from Scanned PDF using Zapier