Import Invoices into Xero – Step-by-Step Guide
- Add Google Drive App Event
- Set Up Trigger Event
- Configure Google Drive
- Google Drive Trigger Test
- Add PDF.co Action Step
- Set Up Document Parser
- Configure Action Event
- Test Action Event
- Parsed Invoice Output
- Add Xero Action Step
- Set Up Action Event
- Xero Sales Invoice Configuration
- Test Action Event
- Xero Invoice Confirmation Result
- Xero Sales Invoice Output
Step 1: Add App EventUnder the App Event field, we will choose Google Drive for our App.
Step 2: Set Up Trigger EventUnder Google Drive are the”Choose app and event” and “Trigger Event”
- In the Choose app and event field, select the Google Drive app.
- In the Trigger Event field, select the New File in the Folder.
Step 3: Configure Google DriveNow, let’s Set up the Trigger.
- In the Drive field, select My Google Drive. If nothing is selected then your personal Google Drive will be used.
- In the Folder field, select the folder where you stored the files.
Step 4: Google Drive Trigger TestNow, let’s test the trigger to make sure that the right account is connected and your trigger is set up correctly.
Step 5: Add Action StepIn this Action step, let’s choose PDF.co.
Step 6: Set Up Document ParserThen, select the Document Parser in the Action Event field.
Step 7: Configure Action EventLet’s set up the Document Parser Action Event.
- In the Input field, enter the source URL from Google Drive.
- In the Template Id field, let’s leave the default Template Id because it works with this sample PDF Invoice.
Step 8: Test Action EventNow, let’s send the Document Parser configuration to PDF.co to Test & Review.
Step 9: Parsed Invoice OutputExcellent! PDF processed our request successfully and returned the extracted data from the PDF. We are now ready to import this to Xero and create an invoice. Document Parser Output
Step 10: Add Xero Action StepIn this Action, let’s choose Xero.
Step 11: Set Up Action EventThen, select the Create Sales Invoice in Xero as the Action Event.
Step 12: Xero Sales Invoice ConfigurationWe are now ready to map the PDF.co Document Parser data to the Xero Sales Invoice.
- In the Organization field, select the Organization name.
- In the Contact Name field, enter the name of the invoice recipient.
- In the Email Address field, enter the recipient’s email address.
- In the Date field, map the invoice date from the parsed data.
- In the Due Date field, map the corresponding invoice due date from the parsed data.
- In the Currency field, select the invoice currency.
- In the Description field, choose the column 1 values separated by comma.
- In the Quantity field, choose the column 2 values separated by comma.
- In the Unit Price field, choose the column 3 values separated by comma.