What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and over 1,500 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. It’s easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
We prepared this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots on how to make a Zap using PDF.co to merge PDF documents.
Due to great variations of input sources, this tutorial will assume you have already set up the trigger phase before the “Do this” part, where PDF.co comes into play.
- Add PDF.co App
- PDF Merger Action
- Connect PDF.co Account
- Setup PDF Merger
- Test and Review
- Turn on Zap
- How to get direct/raw links to a file in various storage providers https://pdf.co/how-to-get-direct-download-links
- Under “Do this …” Choose App & Event search and select PDF.co from the list of apps
- Under Choose Action Event select PDF Merger
- Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier
- Under Customize, Merge Pdf set the Input PDF files to the direct links to your PDF files (we recommend reading the URLs from a list when it gets updated, as a trigger)
- On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned URL is a direct link to the merged file.
Step 1: Add PDF.co App
- Under “Choose App & Event” search and select PDF.co from the list of apps.
Step 2: PDF Merger Action
- Under Choose Action Event select PDF Merger.
Step 3: Connect PDF.co Account
- Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier by adding you API Key. You can get the API Key in your PDF.co dashboard.
Step: 4: Setup PDF Merger
- Under Customize PDF Merger set the direct links to your PDF files (we recommend reading the URLs from a list when it gets updated, as a trigger), pay particular attention to the syntax and everything will work correctly.
Step 5: Test and Review
- On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned url is a direct link to the new PDF file with the merged documents.
Check if everything works correctly and without errors then hit RETEST & CONTINUE.
Step 6: Turn on Zap
- Give a name to your Zap at the top-left corner, then hit Done Editing, you can then TURN ZAP ON.
Depending on your Zapier plan and settings, your Zaps will trigger and the output and logs can be found in your Tasks History.
In this tutorial, you learned how to connect PDF files using PDF.co and Zapier plugin. This is one of the simple automation processes that an API to merge PDF files can do.
Zapier Video Tutorial