What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and over 1,500 more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. It’s easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
We prepared this step by step tutorial with screenshots on how to make a Zap using PDF.co to merge PDF documents.
Due to great variations of input sources, this tutorial will assume you have already set up the trigger phase before the “Do this” part, where PDF.co comes into play.
- How to get direct/raw link to a file in various storage providers https://pdf.co/how-to-get-direct-download-links
- Under “Do this …” Choose App & Event search and select PDF.co from the list of apps
- Under Choose Action Event select PDF Merger
- Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier
- Under Customize Merge Pdf set the Input PDF files to the direct links to your PDF files (we recommend reading the URLs from a list when it gets updated, as a trigger)
- On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned url is a direct link to the merged file.
Step by step guide:
1. Under “Do this …” Choose App & Event search and select PDF.co from the list of apps
2. Under Choose Action Event select PDF Merger
3. Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier
4. Under Customize Pdf Merger set the direct links to your PDF files (we recommend reading the URLs from a list when it gets updated, as a trigger), pay particular attention to the syntax and everything will work correctly.
On the Send Data step click TEST & REVIEW, the returned url is a direct link to the new PDF file with the merged documents.
Check if everything works correctly and without errors then hit RETEST & CONTINUE
Give a name to your Zap at the top-left corner, then hit Done Editing, you can then TURN ZAP ON
Depending on your Zapier plan and settings, your Zaps will trigger and the output and logs can be found in your Tasks History.