This article explains how you can convert text PDF to scanned PDF using Zapier. We will use the PDF.co Web API to make this conversion easier. For this demonstration, we will use Google Drive as a trigger and storage of our source file.
Google Drive is a free cloud-based storage service that enables users to store and access files online.
- Create a Zap
- Google Drive App
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Add PDF.co App
- Set up Action
- Test Action
- Test Result
We will use this sample text PDF and convert it into a scanned PDF
Step 1: Create a Zap
- To begin. First, log into your Zapier account and click the Create Zap button.
Step 2: Google Drive App
- Next, select the Google Drive app and choose the New File in Folder as a trigger.
Step 3: Setup Trigger
- For the Drive field, select My Google Drive.
- For the Folder field, enter the specific folder where the file resides.
Step 4: Test Trigger
- Let’s test the trigger to see the result.
Step 5: Add PDF.co App
- Let’s add another app and select PDF.co. Then, choose the Custom API Call.
Step 6: Setup Action
- For the PDF.co API Endpoint field, search and select the
v1/pdf/makeunsearchable. This endpoint will convert text PDF to scanned PDF.
- For the URL input parameter override field, select the Web Content Link from Google Drive.
Step 7: Test Action
- Now, let’s test the action to make sure that we set it up correctly.
Step 8: Test Result
- Great! The test was successful, kindly copy the URL and paste it into your browser to view the output.
Step 9: Output
- Here’s the converted scanned PDF output
In this article, you learned how to convert text PDF to PDF Images using PDF.co and Zapier.