Extract Text with Format from PDF or XPS using PDF.co and Make
We prepared a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to extract text with format from PDF or XPS using PDF.co and Make.
Below is the sample source file that we will use.
Step 1: Create a Scenario
First, click the Create a Scenario button at the upper right corner of your dashboard.
Step 2: Google Drive App
Next, select Google Drive from the lists of the apps to perform the new scenario.
Step 3: Download A File
Under the Google Drive app, select the Download a File module.
Step 4: Google Drive Connection
- In the Enter a File ID field, choose the Select from the list option.
- For the Choose a Drive field, select My Drive to return the folder and file in this Drive.
- Under the File ID field, input the exact folder where the file is located.
We are done for the first step, now let’s continue to the next and final step to complete our module.
Step 5: PDF.co App
Now, add another module and select PDF.co from the lists of the apps.
Step 6: Convert From PDF
Select the Convert from PDF module to convert PDF pages into Plain Text or other supported formats.
Step 7: PDF.co Account
Now, let’s connect our PDF.co Account to perform the scenario.
- In the Input Type field, select the Import a File from the URL.
- In the Input field, enter the URL of the source file.
- For the Pages field, type 0 for page 1.
Now, click on the Run button to make sure that there are no errors in the setup.
Step 8: Test Result
Excellent! The Scenario runs successfully. Copy and paste the out URL to view or download the output.
Step 9: Source File Output
This is now the PDF Invoice converted to Plain Text output.
In this tutorial, you learned how to extract text with format from a PDF document using PDF.co and Make. You also learned how to set up the Convert from PDF module to convert a PDF to Plain Text.