You might want to rotate all or specific pages inside your PDF document for many different reasons, it might happen that you accidentally scan one or a few pages upside down. When merging various PDF documents, it might also happen that one of them was upside-down or sideways. Well, PDF.co PDF Rotate Pages is the best tool to rotate all pages of a PDF document or just the selected pages you want to transform this way. Its utilities can change rotation, fix rotation, delete pages, etc. This PDF rotate tool allows you the highest amount of customizability for your specific needs.
Have you experienced that your scanned PDF documents are rotated sideways or upside-down? Do you wonder how to easily fix them? The PDF.co PDF Auto Rotate Pages is the best tool to fix rotated pages in a PDF document. It uses AI to automatically fix the rotation of pages inside scanned PDFs based on text analysis. PDF.co Web API provides Web APIs for various purposes (data extraction, document parsing, PDF report generation, form filling, PDF merging & splitting, barcode creation & reading, and more). The platform also provides a full set of PDF tools in addition to data extraction capabilities.
Today, we’ll create PDF rotate pages and PDF auto-rotate pages using PDF.co and Make. We will use a sample PDF with 5 pages and select the pages to rotate according to their specific angle and fix the rotated PDF pages. Check out below for the easy step-by-step tutorial.
- Log in to Make Account
- Google Drive Module
- Setup Google Drive
- Add PDF.co Module
- Setup PDF.co Configuration
- Run Scenario Result
- PDF Rotate Pages Output
- Add Another Module
- Setup Make an API Call Configuration
- Run Scenario Result
- PDF Auto Rotate Pages Output
Follow this easy step-by-step tutorial on how to rotate PDF pages.
Step 1: Log in to Make Account
- To begin. First, log into your Make account and click the Create a new scenario button.
Step 2: Google Drive Module
- Next, search and select the Google Drive app. Then, choose the Download a File module so we can download the file from Google Drive. You can also use different cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox, , etc. as long as they have the same feature.
Step 3: Setup Google Drive
Let’s set up the Google Drive configuration.
- First, connect your Google Drive account.
- For the Enter a File ID field, let’s choose the Select from the list option to see the available folders in Google Drive.
- For the Choose a Drive field, select the My Google Drive option.
- For the File ID field, enter the specific folder where the file was stored.
After setting up the configuration, run the scenario to fetch the downloaded file from Google Drive. Once the scenario runs successfully, add another module.
In this step, we will add the PDF.co app to automate the PDF Rotate Pages.
Step 4: Add PDF.co Module
- Let’s add another module and select the PDF.co app. Then, choose to Make an API Call to make calls from PDF.co API.
Step 5: Setup PDF.co Configuration
Let’s set up the PDF.co configuration.
- First, connect your PDF.co account by adding your API Key. You can get the API Key in your PDF.co dashboard. If you don’t have a PDF.co account, kindly sign up at this link.
- For the API Endpoint Path field, add
/v1/pdf/edit/rotate. This endpoint will rotate selected pages inside the PDF file. You can get the endpoint at this link.
- For the Input Type field, let’s select the Upload file and inject as ‘url’ param to automatically input files from Google Drive.
- Then, enter your desired Output File Name.
- Under the Body param, for Item 1 type
anglefor Key and add the angle degrees value. The angle degrees values support
90, 180, 270.
- For Item 2, type
pagesfor Key and add the list of the selected pages you’d like to rotate. The very first page starts at zero (
0). To set a range of pages use the dash (
After setting up the PDF.co configuration, re-run the scenario to see the result.
Step 6: Run Scenario Result
- Great! The scenario runs successfully and returns a temporary URL. Kindly copy the URL and paste it into your browser to view the output.
Step 7: Rotated PDF Pages Output
- Here’s the rotated page output.
In this step, we will add another module to fix the rotated PDF pages.
Step 8: Add Another Module
- Now, let’s add another module and select the PDF.co app. Then, choose to Make an API Call to PDF.co.
Step 9: Setup Make an API Call Configuration
Let’s set up the Make an API Call configuration.
- For the API Endpoint Path field, enter
v1/pdf/edit/rotate/auto. This endpoint will fix rotated PDF pages in any position like sideways or upside-down.
- For the Input Type field, select Upload files and inject as `url` param option to automatically input files from PDF.co-Make an API Call result.
- For the Output File Name field, enter your preferred PDF output name.
Once you are done setting up the configuration, you may now run the scenario to see the result.
Step 10: Run Scenario Result
- Excellent! The scenario runs successfully and returned the output URL. Kindly copy the URL and paste it into your browser to view the output.
Step 11: PDF Auto Rotate Pages Output
- Here’s what the output looks like.
In this tutorial, you learned how to rotate PDF pages and auto-rotate PDF pages using Make. You learned how to use the PDF.co Web API endpoints to rotate PDF pages and auto-rotate PDF pages.