Are you looking for a way to efficiently split PDFs within a Google Drive folder? Look no further! In this tutorial, we will show you how to use Google Apps Script and PDF.co to automate the process of splitting PDFs within a Google Drive folder. This method is quick, easy, and requires no additional software. So, let’s get started!
Here’s a quick overview of how to split PDF in a Google Drive folder with Google Apps Script and PDF.co.
- Open Google Sheets App
- Add Google Apps Script Code
- Check Google Drive Folder
- Split PDF Output
- Video Guide
- About Google Apps Script
Here’s the sample PDF in the Google Drive folder that we’re going to use in this tutorial. You may use any document of your choice to see the performance of this PDF split app.
Step 1: Open Google Sheets App
- To begin. Let’s start by opening the Google Sheets app.
- Next, add your Google Drive Folder URL. You should create a folder where you want to split your PDFs. Make note of the folder ID, which can be found in the folder’s URL.
- Then, click on the Extensions and select the App Script option.
Step 2: Add Google Apps Script Code
Now add the source code to the Apps Script specifying all the parameters correctly as below.
- In line 4, enter the Google Drive Folder ID.
- In line 7, add your PDF.co API key. You can get the API key in your PDF.co dashboard.
- In line 15, set your Google Drive folder sharing to Anyone with the link to access the folder and have permission to view it.
- Then, click the Run button to execute the Apps Script and save the project.
Step 3: Check Google Drive Folder
- Once the Apps Script was executed successfully, you may proceed to see the outcome. Check the Google Drive folder to see the split PDFs.
Step 4: Split PDF Output
- Here’s the output that we successfully split into multiple PDFs.
In this tutorial, you learned how to split PDF in a Google Drive folder with Google Apps Script and PDF.co.
In conclusion, using Google Apps Script and PDF.co, you can easily automate the process of splitting PDFs within a Google Drive folder. By following the steps explained in this tutorial, you can set up a process that can quickly and efficiently split your PDFs, saving you time and improving your workflow.
The use of Google Apps Script also allows you to use customization suiting your specific needs, whether it’s splitting different pages or even splitting multiple PDFs at once. This method is a great way to streamline your PDF editing process and improve productivity.
Video Guide – How to Split PDF in Google Drive
In this short video guide, please see the steps to follow for PDF splitting in Google Drive with the help of PDF.co and Google Apps Script integration.
About Google Apps Script
Google Apps Script is a great scripting language that allows users a complete task automation process. You can create custom functionality within Google’s G Suite of applications like Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Drive.
Google Apps Script is a powerful tool that can help to streamline workflows and increase productivity. Additionally, it allows developers to access and manipulate data from external APIs, making it a great option for integrating different services and platforms.
- How to Password-Protect PDF in Google Drive with Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- How to Split PDF in Google Drive Folder with Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- How to Merge PDF URLs with Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- How to Add Text to PDF using Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- Merge Google Drive PDF Files and Save Them Back using Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- How to Add Image to PDF using Google Apps Script and PDF.co
- Google Invoice Parser to Read PDF Invoices and Orders with Google Script and PDF.co
- Convert PDF Invoice to Google Sheet – PDFco & Google Apps Script
- How to Merge all Rows to PDF with Google Apps Script and PDF.co