- Make a Zap!
- Choose an App & Event
- Connect your PDF.co Account to Zapier
- Specify Criteria Under Customize Search in PDF
- Test Action
- Zapier Video Tutorial
For this demo, we will use this sample invoice.
Step 1: Make a Zap!
- To begin, let’s start by logging into your Zapier account and clicking on the Create Zap button.
Step 2: Choose an App & Event
- After the input PDF source is specified, the next step is to Choose App & Event. Pick PDF.co as the app and Search in PDF as the event.
Step 3: Connect your PDF.co Account to Zapier
- To connect your PDF.co account to Zapier add your API Key. You can obtain the API Key in your PDF.co dashboard.
Step 4: Specify Criteria Under Customize Search in PDF
- In Direct Link To Source PDF, provide or build an input URL for the source PDF.
- In the Text To Search section, enter the text that you would like to find in the input document. If you prefer a regular expression, enter it here.
- Choose whether the provided search text will be a regular expression or a direct search in the Use Regular Expression section.
- Leave the Pages field empty or enter the page range if you have specific pages to search in.
Step 5: Test Action
- Now, let’s test the action to make sure that we set it up correctly.
Step 6: Result
- Here is the search in PDF result. The resulting URL is a downloadable JSON file.
Now, you know how to do a text search within a PDF file using PDF.co and Zapier integration.