Have you ever wanted to make your PDF documents more interactive and easy to use? Well, you can do that by adding hyperlinks to your PDFs. Hyperlinks are like clickable shortcuts that take you directly to relevant content, websites, or other resources.
To make this happen, you can use a helpful tool called PDF.co. It’s an online platform designed specifically for working with PDF documents. With PDF.co, you can easily add hyperlinks to specific parts of your PDF files, making it simple for your readers or audience to navigate through the document.
So, with PDF.co and Zapier working together, you can easily create interactive and user-friendly PDFs that enhance the experience for your readers or audience.
In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of adding hyperlinks to a PDF document using two powerful tools: PDF.co and Zapier. This step-by-step guide will make it easy for you to enhance your PDFs with hyperlinks, making them more interactive and user-friendly.
- Create a Zap
- Add Google Drive App
- Connect Google Drive Account
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Test Trigger Result
- Add PDF.co App
- Connect PDF.co Account
- Setup PDF.co Configuration
- Test Action
- Test Result
We will work with a sample PDF document and add hyperlinks to specific areas within the PDF. These hyperlinks will be placed in designated sections of the document, creating a more interactive and user-friendly experience for readers. Let’s get started with this exciting task of enhancing the PDF with hyperlinks!
Step 1: Create a Zap
- Let’s begin by opening your Zapier account and creating a Zap.
Step 2: Add Google Drive App
- Next, search and select the Google Drive app from the integration platform. You can also choose other cloud storage services if you prefer. This will allow you to access the PDF file that you want to work with and add hyperlinks to.
- Once you’ve selected the appropriate cloud storage app, you can proceed by choosing the New File in Folder option. This selection will trigger the integration to respond whenever a new file is added to a specified folder. This way, you can easily identify and work with the PDF file you wish to enhance with hyperlinks.
Step 3: Connect Google Drive Account
- Now, let’s connect your Google Drive account to Zapier. By doing this, Zapier will be able to access and interact with your Google Drive files securely. You’ll need to grant authorization to Zapier so that it can perform the necessary actions on your Google Drive.
Step 4: Setup Trigger
Let’s set up the trigger.
- In the Drive field, enter My Google Drive to specify the drive you want to use. This ensures that Zapier will look for the PDF file in your personal Google Drive account.
- In the Folder field, add the specific folder where the source PDF file is stored. This specific folder contains the PDF file you want to work with.
Step 5: Test Trigger
- Once you’ve finished setting up, click on the Test Trigger button to ensure that everything is working correctly.
Step 6: Test Trigger Result
- Great! The test trigger was successful and found a record from your Google Drive account. Now, let’s continue with the next step and add another app to the integration. We’ll use this app to add hyperlinks to a PDF document.
Step 7: Add PDF.co App
- In this step, we will add the PDF.co app and choose the PDF Filler feature so we can add hyperlinks to a PDF document.
Step 8: Connect PDF.co Account
- Now, connect your PDF.co account to Zapier by adding the API key. You can obtain the API key from your PDF.co dashboard or by signing up at this link.
Step 9: Setup PDF.co Configuration
Let’s configure the PDF.co settings.
- In the Source PDF field, select the Web Content Link from Google Drive. This ensures that the PDF file from the specified Google Drive folder will be used as the source for adding hyperlinks.
- For the Text Annotations field, input the X and Y coordinates of the PDF document where you want to add the hyperlinks. Additionally, provide the page range of the PDF where the hyperlinks will be placed. You can easily obtain these coordinates and page ranges using the PDF.co PDF Edit Add Helper tool. This tool will assist you in identifying the exact position and pages within the PDF for adding hyperlinks.
- Next, add the value of the font size you wish to use for the hyperlinks, as well as the type of font name. This way, you can customize the appearance of the hyperlinks to match your preference.
- Lastly, specify the font color for the hyperlinks that will be added to the PDF document. This allows you to choose the color that best suits your design or branding.
Step 10: Test Action
- Once you have completed the configuration by providing all the necessary details, it’s time to test the action. This test will send a request to PDF.co, and the integration will add hyperlinks to the PDF document based on the specific coordinates.
Step 11: Test Result
- Awesome! The test was successful and added the hyperlinks to the PDF document. To view the output, copy the resulting URL and paste it into your browser.
Step 12: Output
- Here’s the PDF document that we successfully added hyperlinks to. The integration with PDF.co has worked smoothly, and now your PDF is more interactive and user-friendly with the added hyperlinks.
Step 13: Demo
- Kindly check out this automation workflow on how PDF.co added hyperlinks to a PDF document.
In this tutorial, you’ve gained valuable knowledge on how to add hyperlinks to a PDF document using the powerful combination of PDF.co and Zapier. You learned how to utilize the PDF.co PDF Edit Add Helper tool to easily obtain the precise coordinates of the PDF document where you want to add hyperlinks. This enables you to customize and enhance your PDF to create an interactive and user-friendly experience for your readers.