How to Split PDF by Text Search using PDF.co and Make
This tutorial will show the simple process of splitting PDFs by text search using PDF.co and Make. You will see how to split the 3-page PDF Invoice we will use as a sample, and how the engine splits the Invoice every time it reads the word Invoice Number.
Now, let’s look at the image below, which will be our sample PDF Invoice for this demonstration.
Step 1: Select “Split a PDF” in PDF.co
We will start by creating a scenario in Make by choosing PDF.co. From the menu of different PDF.co modules, we will select Split a PDF.
Step 2: Configure the PDF.co Split PDF module
- Begin by choosing Import a File from URL in the Input File field.
- Enter the link to the PDF file in the URL field. To follow along, get the PDF Invoice link.
- Choose Text Found in the Split by field.
- Type in the text, which in this case is the invoice number, in the Search String field.
- To remove case sensitivity, leave it at False in the Case Sensitive field.
Step 3: Test the Configuration by Running the PDF.co Module
We will run the PDF.co module in this step to test Split by Text configuration.
Awesome! We can see that the PDF.co engine read the word invoice number on all 3 pages and promptly split them into individual PDFs.
Step 4: See Result
We will see below what the PDF Invoice will look like now that they have been separated into three different PDFs:
NOTE: All the outputs generated by PDF.co are stored in temporary URLs and can only be accessed within 1 hour. They will be automatically deleted from our server when the said 1 hour has elapsed, so it is recommended that you move the files to permanent cloud storage such as Google Drive or Dropbox.