Read EAN13 Barcodes – Step-by-Step Guide
- Create a Scenario
- PDF.co App and Read a Barcode module
- Read a Barcode Configuration
- EAN13 Barcode Output
In this tutorial, we will show you how to read an EAN13 barcode using PDF.co and Integromat. We have a PDF document with different types of barcodes. We will narrow down the barcode decoding to only return the values from an EAN13.
Step 1: Create a Scenario
Step 2: PDF.co app and Read a Barcode module
Next, select the PDF.co app for the App Event and choose the Read a Barcode module to read barcodes from images, PDF documents, and scanned documents.
Step 3: Read a Barcode Configuration
Now, let’s configure the Read a Barcode module.
- In the Input File field, select the Upload a file module to fetch files from your storage.
- In the Source File field, enter the Google Drive – Download a File.
- In the Barcode Type field, select the EAN13 barcode to identify the items.
- Pages field, type 0 for the first page.
Let’s send a request to PDF.co and process the Read a Barcode module.
Step 4: Barcode Result
Great! PDF.co returned the EAN13 barcode value.
In this tutorial, you learned how to read the EAN13 barcode using PDF.co and Integromat. You learned how to set up the PDF.co Read a Barcode module to only search for a specific type of barcode. The EAN13 is an efficient barcode for high-volume scanning in supermarkets. It can also use for trade units sold to the consumer.