We prepared this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots to teach you how to extract text from scanned PDF using Integromat.
- Create a Google Drive module
- Choose Download a file
- Setup the Google Drive module
- Create a new module for PDF.co
- Choose Convert from PDF
- Setup the PDF.co module
- Run scenario
- Get the output link
- Extracted text output
Start by going to the Integromat Scenarios Interface. Click Create a New Scenario.
Step 1 – Create a Google Drive module
Step 2 – Choose Download a file
NOTE: For this tutorial, we’re using Google Drive as our cloud storage. You may use other cloud storage that has a similar option as this.
Step 3 – Set up the Google Drive module
- Select a connection for Google Drive
- For Enter a File ID combo box you can choose either Select from the list or Enter manually
- Choose My Drive as the drive to be used
- Select the folder and the file that you’re going to use
Step 4 – Create a new module for PDF.co
Step 5 – Choose Convert from PDF
Step 6 – Setup the PDF.co module
- Select a connection for PDF.co
- For Input File combo box you can either choose Upload a File or Input a File from URL
- For the Source file, you can choose either Google Drive – Download a file or Map manually
- For Convert Options choose PDF to CSV
- For the Pages, you can leave it blank if you want all of the pages to be extracted
- Set Inline to true if you want the extracted data to be displayed automatically, set it into false if you want to get a downloadable file
Step 7 – Run Scenario
Step 8 – Get the output link
If there are no errors, you can now check your output link
Step 9 – Extracted text output
In this tutorial, you’ve learned how to extract text from scanned PDFs using Integromat.