PDF.co vs ImageMagick
PDF.co offers a variety of functionalities to help you with your PDF. These functionalities include PDF merging/splitting, search/replace text, PDF data extraction, PDF filler, document parsing, etc. It also has functionalities for barcodes such as a barcode reader and barcode generator.
ImageMagick is a free and open-source cross-platform software suite for displaying, creating, converting, modifying, and editing raster images. It can read and write over 200 image file formats.
PDF.co vs ImageMagick: Features
- Create, Edit, Compose, or Convert Digital Images,
- Read and write images in a variety of formats,
- Resize, Flip, Mirror, Rotate, Distort, Shear, and Transform Images,
- Adjust image colors, Apply various special effects, and Draw text lines.
- GIF Animations and Animation Meta-data,
- Frame Disposal Methods,
- Studying Animations,
- Types of Animations,
- The End of the Loop,
- Zero Delay Intermediate Frames.
Decorate (Cutting, Adding, and Bordering)
- Adding/Removing Image Edges,
- Adding/Removing Rows, Columns, Edges,
- Advanced Cropping Techniques,
- Trim, the ‘Auto-Crop’ Operator.
- Blurring Images,
- Sharpening Images,
- Generating Shadows,
- Specialized Blurs,
- Feathering Shapes using Blur.
High Dynamic Range Images
- Render/capture floating-point color space.
- Encompass the entire perceivable gamut (extend values outside [0,1] range).
- Post-process in extended color space.
- Apply tone-mapping for the specific displays.
- Keeping ImageMagick up-to-date. The latest releases have fixes for any security flaws we discovered in the past;
- Sanitizing any filenames or command-line options you pass to ImageMagick;
- Running ImageMagick in a sanitized software container such as Docker;
- Running ImageMagick as the least-privileged user (e.g. ‘nobody’);
- Explicitly setting the image file type. For example, use the filename png:image.png rather than image.png. Without an explicit image type in the filename, ImageMagick guesses the image type.
- Do not create temporary files in shared directories, instead specify a private area to store only ImageMagick temporary files by setting the temporary-path security policy or the -define registry:temporary-path=/data/magick command-line option.
- HTML to PDF conversion supports Mustache and Handlebars.
- Merge/Split PDF.
- Add Text or Images to PDF, Fill PDF Forms and Create Fillable PDF Forms.
- Add or Remove Security,
- Search and Replace in PDF,
- Compress PDF Online,
- Make PDF Searchable,
- Translate PDF.
- Can work with all 1D or 2D barcode types.
- Can scan barcodes from images, PDF files, and even from a link.
- Convert other documents such as Doc, DocX, RTF, TXT, XPS, HTML, Images (JPG, PNG, TIFF), XLS, and XLSX into PDF.
- Can create PDFs from scratch or use PDF templates.
Extract Structured Data
- Built-in OCR text recognition support.
- Export extracted data into different types such as CSV, XML, JSON, HTML, Spreadsheets, etc.
- Extract PDF data from various documentation including PDF with tables and images, reports, invoices, scanned documents, etc.
Security and Encryption
- User and Owner Passwords,
- Automatic File Removal,
- RC4 40-Bit Encryption,
- RC4 128-Bit Encryption,
- AES 128-Bit Encryption,
- AES 256-Bit Encryption,
- Document Modification Restriction,
- Document Content Extraction Restriction,
- Document HTTP User and Pass Authentication.
- Auto detector and remover of sensitive data.
- Email to PDF transformation. Supports emails with attachments including tools to extract important data from emails separately.
PDF.co vs ImageMagick: Integrations
PDF.co has over 300+ app integration available:
- Zapier, Integromat, Bubble, API for programmers,
- Salesforce, Dynamics 365, Zoho, CRM systems,
- SharePoint, Office 365, Box, Egnyte, Dropbox, SignNow plus ready-to-use 300+ integrations,
- RPA UiPath, BluePrism, Automation Anywhere,
- ImageMagick integration is not supported.