A real-estate assignment contract is a piece of legal document that is used to transfer the legal obligations of a party of a contract (property) from one individual to another. That is, it is usually drawn up after a real-estate purchase agreement has been created and signed by the buyer and the seller. Once a real-estate assignment contract is signed, all the legal obligations of real-estate property are legally transferred from the seller to the buyer.
A standard real-estate assignment contract contains the following information.
- The full names of all the parties involved in the real-estate assignment contract.
- The full addresses of all the parties involved in the real-estate assignment contract.
- The price and other costs associated with the property.
- The date of sale of the property.
- Term and conditions of sale.
Creating and Signing a Real-Estate Assignment Contract
A real-estate assignment contract can usually be developed using any software application that allows a user to create a word file or a PDF file. PDF.co provides a user the ability to embed an electronic signature using its tools. Below is a picture of an unfilled real estate assignment contract document, which is ready to be filled and signed.
How to Fill and Sign a Real-Estate Assignment Contract using Zapier
- Set up Trigger
- Set up Action
- PDF Filler Configuration
- Test PDF Filler
- Test Success
- PDF Filler Output
Step 1: Set up Trigger
In this tutorial, we will show you how to sign a Real-Estate Assignment Contract using PDF.co and Zapier. All of our contracts are stored in a folder in Google Drive and Google Drive serves as our Trigger to run the Zap.
We assume that you have already set up the Google Drive trigger. If you haven’t yet, you can check out this tutorial.
Step 2: Set up Action
First, let’s choose PDF.co as the App and PDF Filler as the Action Event.
Step 3: PDF Filler Configuration
Next, let’s configure the PDF Filler.
- In the Source PDF field, select the File link.
- In the Text objects fields, enter the coordinates, page number, text, font size, font name; width, height and text alignment in this format x;y;pageIndex;text;fontSize;fontName;;;;width;height;alignment You can easily get the coordinates using the Simple PDF Viewer
Step 4: Test PDF Filler
Then, let’s send the PDF Filler configuration to PDF.co to make sure that we set it up correctly.
Step 5: Test Success
Zapier confirmed that our test was successful. PDF.co returned a temporary URL of the signed contract. You can copy and paste the URL in your browser to view the PDF.
Step 6: PDF Filler Output
Here’s the Real-Estate Assignment Contract file that we signed using the PDF.co PDF Filler.
How to Fill and Sign a Real-Estate Assignment Contract using Integromat
Step 1: Create Scenario
In this tutorial, we will show you how to sign a Real-Estate Assignment Contract using PDF.co and Integromat.
To get started, let’s create a Scenario and choose the PDF.co Add Text and Images To a PDF module.
Step 2: Set up PDF.co Module
Then, let’s configure the module.
- In the Input File field, select the Import PDF from URL so we can manually add the file URL.
- In the Url field, enter the source file link.
- Under Text Annotations, click on the Add item This will allow us to enter the text in the PDF document.
- In the Text field, enter the text to add in the PDF.
- In the Pages field, type in the page index or page number. The first page is 0.
- In the X and Y coordinates, enter the text coordinates in the PDF. You can use the Simple PDF Viewer tool to get the coordinates.
- In the Font Size field, enter your desired font size.
- In the Font Name field, type in the font name you’d like to use. The default system font is Arial.
Once all the text objects have been added, let’s run the Scenario to make sure that we configured the module correctly.
Step 3: Run Scenario
When the Scenario processes the request successfully, PDF.co returns a temporary URL to view or download the signed PDF. You can copy and paste the URL in your browser to see the result.
Step 4: Signed Contract Output
Here’s the Real-Estate Assignment Contract that we signed using the PDF.co module.
- fill PDF forms (
- convert DOCX/XLSX to PDF (
- add scanned signatures, text, images to existing PDF (
- merge PDF files (
pdf/mergeendpoint for example, cover + contract + additional)
- merge PDF, files, emails, images, ZIP files into a single PDF (
- split PDF documents (
pdf/splitthat can use to extract page or range of pages from input PDF)
- create rich PDF from HTML or link to an existing web page (
How to Create and Sign Car Rental Agreement
How to Create and Sign Lease Agreement
How to Create and Sign Real-Estate Assignment Contract
How to Create and Sign Real-Estate Power of Attorney
How to Create and Sign Real-Estate Purchase Agreement
How to Create and Sign Vehicle Purchase Agreement
Types of Electronic Signatures
Electronic Signature: Pros & Cons
Top-5 Reasons a Business Should Switch to Electronic Signature
Using Electronic Signatures for Contracts in Business
Electronic Signature in Fintech
Importance of Electronic Signature in Remote Work