If you own a business, it means you are out to offer services or goods to clients. For you to deliver such services or goods to clients, you must also provide an invoice. Therefore, you must know how to create an invoice to ensure you receive payment without any delay. Additionally, you may want to improve the methods you use to produce an invoice to increase efficiency and professionalism.
So, here’s the list of different ways of creating an invoice automatically at PDF.co API Platform. You have an array of options including using HTML templates, using 3000+ integrations, using our REST Web API, and our Document Parser.
- Create a Perfect Invoice with PDF and HTML Templates
- Create PDF Invoice From Google Sheet using PDF.co and Apps Script
- Generate Invoice Online and Sign with PDF.co
- Create PDF Invoice using PDF and HTML Templates in C#
- Generate Dynamic PDF E-commerce Invoice
- Generate Invoice with Barcode using HTML to PDF and Barcode Generator in PDF.co
- Make PDF Invoice by Adding Text and Images to PDF Template using PDF.co and Zapier
- Generate PDF Invoice from Invoice Template using PDF.co API (Template Sample 1)
- Generate PDF Invoice from Scratch using PDF.co API (Template Sample 2)
- Generate PDF Invoice from Invoice Template using PDF.co API (Template Sample 3)
- Create Invoice With/Without Discount
- Create Invoice With/Without Logo
- Create QuickBooks Online Invoices from Parsed PDF Data using PDF.co and Zapier
- Create QuickBooks Online Invoices from Parsed PDF Data using PDF.co and Integromat
- PDF Invoice Creation and Email Attachments using Caspio Data with PDF.co & Zapier
- How to Create a Sole Trader Invoice in Australia using PDF.co and Make
So, why automating invoice creation is so important?
First of all, it definitely helps to streamline the billing process. It makes it more efficient and less prone to errors. This can save businesses a huge amount of time and reduce expenses!
Another benefit is that it allows businesses to easily track and manage their finances. With automated invoice creation, businesses can easily track their income and expenses and facilitate financial decisions making.
In addition, it improves customer relations. Automated invoicing ensures that invoices are sent out on time, making it more likely that customers will pay their bills on time. This can help to maintain a positive relationship with customers and reduce the risk of disputes.
Moreover, it also helps to reduce paper waste, as invoices can be sent and stored electronically.
So, now you are all ready to dig into a general process of what should be done when you’re creating your invoice.
To generate an invoice, you would want to follow a couple of processes. These steps are stated below.
- Develop an Invoice Using a Software
- Provide a Title for the Invoice and Invoice Number
- Add Your Company and Buyer Information
- Describe all Goods and Services Sold or Supplied
- Include all Relevant Dates
- Highlight Additional Fees, Deductions, Taxes, Advances, and Others
- State Payment Method, Terms, and Personal Message
- Create an Invoice – Demo Video
Develop an Invoice Using a Software
For you to design an invoice, you would require software. You can either use specialized applications or multipurpose applications (word pressing or spreadsheet software). Specialized applications would give you advanced options to build an invoice. Meanwhile, multipurpose applications would allow you to make an invoice using generic tools.
Additionally, you would have the option to use generic templates, which are customizable. You would be able to select different types of fonts and colors while you create an invoice. Also, you would have the opportunity to place your logo on the invoice as required.
Provide a Title for the Invoice and an Invoice Number
You would want your document to be easily identifiable as an invoice. Therefore, you would want to write the word ‘invoice” boldly on the header. Doing this distinguishes the invoice from other documents. It also encourages your clients to pay closer attention to the invoice, which increases the likelihood of getting paid early.
Add Your Company and Buyer Information
As you create an invoice, you want to type your company’s and the buyer’s information. You should ensure to write the name, contact details, and address of your company. In most cases, you would want to type it in the header just below the invoice title on the left, middle, or right. If appropriate, you may include the information of key management staff.
Describe all Goods and Services Sold or Supplied
All good invoices should have a description of each good or service provided to a client. Therefore, when you create an invoice, you want to provide a concise description of the item. This information is helpful to your client as they cross-check with what they have received.
Include all Relevant Dates
When you create an invoice, you would need to include all relevant dates. Generally, two important dates are written on an invoice. The first date is the date you create the invoice. You would want to type the date above the description of items.
Highlight Additional Fees, Deductions, Taxes, Advances, and Others
You would also want to include all additional fees before the total amount due after the subtotal. These fees include shipping and handling charges. If you have offered a discount to your client, you would include it before the total amount due. Additionally, be sure to include all taxes and consider advances that were paid by your clients. You may want to indicate the penalty of delayed payment at the footer of an invoice.
State Payment Method, Terms, and Personal Message
Before you create an invoice, you would want to agree on the methods and terms of payment with your clients. You should provide your acceptable methods of payment on your invoices. This practice simplifies payment for your clients.
Additionally, make sure to highlight agreed payment schedules and dates where appropriate. You may also want to include a personal message for your clients. A simple “Thank You” can go a long way in retaining clients. All these details are usually written just before the footer at the bottom of the invoice.
Create an Invoice – Demo Video
PDF.co Web API creates accurate and structured invoices, converts from HTML to PDF, and provides nice templates for your invoices!