A car rental agreement is essentially a document, which an individual completes and signs at the point of renting a car. Additionally, it is a legal agreement that stipulates and defines the relationship between a car rental company and the end-user, which serves to protect the two parties involved. All the terms and conditions of a rental car are usually well defined and extend until the rental duration is exceeded.
A well-designed car rental agreement should contain the following information:
- The full names of all the parties involved in the car rental agreement.
- The full addresses of all the parties involved in the car rental agreement.
- Information about the rental car.
- Duration of rent.
- Mileage limit for driving the car.
- Rental price.
- Other terms and conditions.
In the tutorial, you will learn how to fill and sign a car rental agreement with Zapier and Integromat using PDF.co.
Creating and Signing a Car Rental Agreement
Any individual that knows how to use a computer can develop a car rental agreement using various software applications. Once the document is created in PDF or word format, it can be uploaded on the pdf.co platform. There, a user can fill and sign the document using the available electronic tools. A sample car rental agreement is illustrated below.
How to Fill and Sign a Car Rental Agreement using Zapier
- Set up Trigger step
- Set up Action step
- PDF Filler Configuration
- Zap Test & Review
- PDF.co Test Result
- Signed Agreement Output
Step 1: Set up Trigger step
In this tutorial, we will show you how to sign a Car Rental Agreement using PDF.co and Zapier. We assume that you have already set up your Trigger step. If you will use Google Drive as the Trigger app, we recommend that you check out this tutorial.
Step 2: Set up Action step
First, let’s choose PDF.co as the App and PDF Filler as the Action Event. The PDF Filler can fill interactive PDF forms and add text and images to ordinary PDF documents.
Step 3: PDF Filler Configuration
Next, let’s configure the PDF Filler.
- In the Source PDF field, select or enter the Car Rental Agreement link.
- In the Text objects fields, enter the coordinates, page number, text, font size, font name, width, height and text alignment in this format. x;y;pageIndex;text;fontSize;fontName;;;;width;height;alignment
NOTE: You can use the Simple PDF Viewer to easily get the x and y coordinates in a PDF.
Step 4: Zap Test & Review
Then, let’s send the PDF Filler configuration to PDF.co to make sure that we set it up correctly.
Step 5: PDF.co Test Result
Great! We have successfully run the test. PDF.co returns a temporary URL that we can use to view and download the output. Kindly copy and paste the link in your browser to see the result.
Step 6: Signed Agreement Output
Here’s what the signed Car Rental Agreement looks like. All of the information that we put in the Text objects fields have been added in their corresponding coordinates with their specified font sizes, font names, and text alignments.
How to Fill and Sign a Car Rental Agreement using Integromat
Step 1: Create a new Scenario
In this tutorial, we will show you how to sign a Car Rental Agreement using PDF.co and Integromat.
To get started, let’s add a new Scenario and choose the PDF.co Add Text and Images to a PDF module. This is the module that you want to use when working with regular PDF documents. The PDF.co Fill a PDF Form module is perfect for interactive PDF forms.
Step 2: Configure PDF.co Module
Let’s configure the module.
- In the Input File field, choose the Import PDF from URL to enter the file link.
- In the URL field, enter the Car Rental Agreement file link.
- Click on the Add item button under the Text Annotations.
- In the Text field, enter the text that you want to add to the document.
- In the Pages field, type in the page index.
- In X and Y coordinates, enter the coordinates where you want to place the text in the document. You can use the Simple PDF Viewer to easily plot the coordinates.
- In the Font Size field, enter your desired font size.
- In the Font Name field, type in the font name that you want to use.
Once you have added all the Text objects, click on the Run button to run this Scenario.
Step 3: Scenario Result
When the Scenario runs successfully, PDF.co returns a temporary URL to view and download the file.
Step 4: Signed Agreement Output
Here’s the signed Car Rental Agreement output.
When you have all the information stored in a spreadsheet, you can easily map the row and column values in the Text Annotation text fields to automate the process. You can also send a copy of this signed agreement to the recipient via Gmail by setting up a Gmail Send Mail module.
- PDF forms filling and signing (
- PDF file splitting (
pdf/splitto be used to extract a page or a set of pages from the input PDF)
- PDF file merging (
pdf/mergeendpoint, let’s say, cover + contract + additional)
- Text & images adding to an existing PDF (
pdf/edit/addendpoint to be used)
- PDF, images, emails, and ZIP files merging into PDF (
pdf/merge2endpoint to be used)
- Creation of rich formatted PDF from HTML or existing weblink (
pdf/convert/from/urlendpoints to be used)
- Generation of PDF from DOCX/XLSX (
pdf/convert/from/docendpoint to be used)