In this tutorial, we will show you how to send emails with attachments using PDF.co and Zapier.
- Create a Zap
- Google Drive App
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Test Trigger Result
- Add PDF.co App
- Setup Action
- Test Action
- Test Result
- Add Another App
- Send Email Configuration
- Test and Review
- Email with Attachment
We will fill out this PDF form and send it as an attachment to an email.
Step 1: Create a Zap
- First, log into your Zapier account and click on the Create Zap button.
Step 2: Google Drive App
- Next, select the Google Drive app and choose the New File in Folder as a trigger.
Step 3: Setup Trigger
Let’s set up the trigger.
- In the Drive field, select My Google Drive.
- In the Folder field, enter the specific folder where your files reside.
Step 4: Test Trigger
- Then, click the Test Trigger button.
Step 5: Test Trigger Result
- Once the test trigger was successful, you may now add another app.
Step 6: Add PDF.co App
- Now, let’s add the PDF.co app and choose the PDF Filler to fill out the form.
Step 7: Setup Action
Let’s set up the action.
- In the Source PDF field, select the Web Content Link from your Google Drive.
- For the Fillable Fields, enter the page number, name of the field, and the value. You can use the Request Tester tool to get the field names in PDF form and use the
v1/pdf/info/fieldsfor the endpoint.
- Then, type in your desired output PDF file name.
Step 8: Test Action
- Now, click the test and review button to see the result.
Step 9: Test Result
- Once the test was successful, we can now send the output file as an attachment to an email.
Step 10: Add Another App
- Let’s add another app and select PDF.co. Then, choose the Send Email with Attachment as an event.
Step 11: Send Email Configuration
- For From email address field, add your email address.
- For the To email address field, enter the recipient’s email address.
- In the Subject field, type in the subject of your email.
- Under the SMTP Server field, type in
smtp.gmail.comfor SMTP server address. Please check this page on how to set up SMTP configuration.
- For the SMTP Server Port field, input the
- For the SMTP Username field, add your Gmail email address.
- For the SMTP Password field, enter your Gmail password or app-specific password. Refer to this article for more information about creating app-specific passwords.
- In the Attachments to include links to PDFs, documents, or images field, select the output URL from PDF.co.
Step 12: Test and Review
- Now, click the test and review buttons to test the action.
Step 13: Result
- Great! We successfully send an email with an attachment.
Step 14: Email with Attachment
- Here’s the sent email with an attachment.
This tutorial taught you how to send an email with attachments using PDF.co and Zapier. You learned how to fill out a PDF form using PDF.co PDF Filler. You also learned how to set up SMTP configuration.