If you want to get rid of repetitive text that appears on every page of a PDF, you can use PDF.co and Zapier to automate the process. By integrating these two platforms, you can create a workflow that will identify the text you want to remove and apply the removal action to every page of the PDF.
This automation saves you the time and effort of manually editing each page or searching for the repetitive text. It is especially useful when dealing with lengthy documents, reports, contracts, or any PDF files where removing the same text from all pages leads to a cleaner and more professional-looking document. It improves readability, reduces excessive, and enhances the overall appearance of your PDF files.
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of removing the same text from all pages of a PDF using PDF.co and Zapier. By following these steps, you’ll be able to automate the removal of repetitive text on all pages in the PDF document.
- Open Zapier Account
- Add Google Drive App
- Connect Google Drive Account
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Test Trigger Result
- Add PDF.co App
- Connect PDF.co Account
- Setup Action
- Test Step
- Test Result
We will utilize a sample PDF document that consists of multiple pages, and our objective is to eliminate the repetitive text line “information on our political system“ from all of the pages.
Please follow this straightforward step-by-step guide on how to remove repetitive text from all pages of a document.
Step 1: Open Zapier Account
- To begin, you can open your Zapier account and initiate the process by creating a Zap.
Step 2: Add Google Drive App
- Afterward, you can proceed by searching for and selecting the Google Drive app. Then, choose the New File in Folder option as the trigger, which will be activated whenever a new file is added to a specific folder.
Step 3: Connect Google Drive Account
- Now, you can establish a connection between your Google Drive account and Zapier. This step allows Zapier to obtain the necessary permissions and authorization to utilize your Google Drive.
Step 4: Setup Trigger
Now, it’s time to configure the trigger settings.
- Select My Google Drive as the drive to be used in the Drive field.
- Enter the specific folder where your file is stored in the Folder field.
Step 5: Test Trigger
- After completing the trigger setup, we can proceed to test the trigger to ensure that it has been configured correctly.
Step 6: Test Trigger Result
- Great! The test trigger was successful in retrieving the file from Google Drive. Now, let’s proceed to the next step, which involves removing the repetitive text from all pages in the PDF document.
Step 7: Add PDF.co App
- In this step, we will incorporate the PDF.co application and select the Custom API Call feature. By doing so, we will gain access to the API endpoint that allows us to remove text from a PDF document.
Step 8: Connect PDF.co Account
- Now, connect your PDF.co account to Zapier by adding the API Key. You can obtain the API Key from your PDF.co dashboard or by signing up at this link.
Step 9: Setup Action
Let’s proceed with the setup steps for the action:
- To remove repetitive text from all pages in the PDF document, input the delete text endpoint, which is
v1/pdf/edit/delete-text, in the PDF.co API Endpoint field.
- In the URL Input Parameter Override field, provide the Web Content Link from Google Drive.
- For the Input JSON field, enter the JSON code that includes the following information: the desired output name of the new PDF, the case sensitive for upper and lower case, the search string to identify and delete the repetitive text from all pages, and the replacement limit for the maximum number of replacement. You can refer to the PDF.co API Docs to obtain the appropriate JSON code.
- If you want to disable the asynchronous job execution, set the value of the Run As Async Job field to false. On the other hand, if you prefer to enable asynchronous job execution, set the value to true.
Step 10: Test Step
- Let’s proceed with testing the process of sending a request to PDF.co and removing repetitive text from all pages of a PDF document.
Step 11: Test Result
- Congrats! We successfully deleted the repetitive text from all pages in the PDF document. Kindly copy the URL and paste it into your web browser to view the output.
Step 12: Output
- Below is the PDF document from which we have successfully deleted repetitive text on all pages.
Step 13: Demo
- Take a look at this demonstration showcasing the process of deleting repetitive text from every page of a PDF document.
In this tutorial, you learned how to remove repetitive text from every page of a PDF document using the PDF.co platform in combination with Zapier. You will be introduced to the PDF.co Delete Text API, which enables you to delete repetitive text from all pages within the PDF document. By following this tutorial, you will gain the necessary skills to efficiently delete repetitive text and use the PDF.co API for this purpose across all pages of your PDF document.