In this tutorial, we will merge multiple PDF attachments from an Airtable record. Our sample data below contains 5 single-paged PDF Invoices.
- Add Airtable
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Record Found
- Add PDF.co
- Setup Action
- Test Action
- PDF Merger Result
- Merged File Output
We will use this sample Airtable record with multiple PDF attachments and merge them into a single PDF document.
Step 1 – Add Airtable
- To get started, let’s choose Airtable as the App and New Record as the Trigger Event.
Step 2 – Setup Trigger
Let’s set up the trigger.
- In the Base field, select the Base name.
- In the Table field, choose the Table name that contains the record with attachments.
- In the Limit to View field, select Grid View.
Step 3 – Test Trigger
- Click on the Test Trigger button to make sure that we can fetch data from Airtable.
Step 4 – Record Found
- Great! Airtable returned the table record with PDF attachments. Let’s proceed to PDF.co to merge them.
Step 5 – Add PDF.co
In the next step, let’s add PDF.co as the App and the PDF Merger as the Action Event.
Step 6 – Setup Action
Let’s configure the PDF Merger.
- In the List of links to source PDFs, documents, or images field, select the Input URL result from Airtable.
- In the Auto-convert non-PDF files field, choose False for PDF attachments only and True for merging PDF and non-PDF files.
Step 7 – Test Action
- Now, let’s send a request to PDF.co to merge the files.
Step 8 – PDF Merger Result
- Excellent! We have successfully merged the attachments from Airtable. You can copy and paste the output URL into a browser to see the result.
Step 9 – Merged File Output
- Here are the merged Airtable record attachments results.
In this tutorial, you learned how to merge multiple PDF attachments from an Airtable record. You learned how to access table records from Airtable. You also learned how to use the PDF.co PDF Merger to merge PDF and non-PDF files.