The PDF.co API Logs has an additional security level wherein you can grant and revoke access to PDF.co Customer Support. Our Customer Support Team has very limited access to your account, and the API Logs is one of the restricted features. If you have recently contacted support and received a request to grant access, please follow the steps below.
- Go to PDF.co API Logs Page and Click the API Logs Menu
- Click the Link to Give the Customer Support Team Access to API Logs
- When You See the Pop Up Confirmation, Click “Continue”
- Once the Issue is Resolved, You Can Disable the API Logs Access
1. Go to PDF.co API Logs Page and Click the API Logs Menu
To go to your API Logs page, kindly login to your PDF.co account and click on the API Logs menu. You can also open your API Logs page using this direct link https://app.pdf.co/account/logs/api
Screenshot of PDF.co Dashboard
2. Click the Link to Give the Customer Support Team Access to API Logs
Once you are on the API Logs page, you will see Click here to grant access to your API Logs details (input and output params) to the PDF.co (ByteScout) Customer Support for 2 weeks right above the Logs table. Click on the link to give your consent to our Customer Support Team so they can access and view your API Logs. This will help them review the request details and identify what is causing the problem.
Screenshot of PDF.co API Logs Page
3. When You See the Pop Up Confirmation, Click “Continue”
3. After you click on the link, a pop-up confirmation will show on your screen. This is to make sure that it is the action that you want to do and it wasn’t accidental. Kindly click on the OK button to continue.
Screenshot of PDF.co API Logs Grant Access Confirmation
You will see the Access to your API Logs is granted to PDF.co (ByteScout) Customer Support until the date and time message once the API Logs access has been enabled. It will show the date and time when the system automatically disables the API Logs access. The date and time are exactly 2 weeks after you enabled this feature.
4. Once the Issue is Resolved, You Can Disable the API Logs Access
If the issue is resolved by the Customer Support Team earlier than 2 weeks, you can disable the API Logs access by going back to the API Logs page and click on the link right below the access granted message.
Screenshot of PDF.co API Logs Access Granted
Every time you encounter an error in your API calls, the API Logs is always the best place to look for clues on what went wrong. Your API Logs contain a lot of valuable information. It stores your API calls, the request and the response body, the request status, the number of credits used, and so on. This information can help you identify whether the error was caused by a missing semicolon, a typo, or a system error.
If you experience any issues that you are unfamiliar with, you are always welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team.
In this tutorial, we learned how to enable the PDF.co API Logs to grant access to your API Logs details to our Customer Support Team. We also learned that the API Logs access can last up to 2 weeks and the system will automatically disable this access once the 2-week period has elapsed. You can also disable this access manually should you enable the access by accident.
What do you think of this added security to your account? Please let us know in the comments below.