We prepared this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots on how to convert Email (email parser by Zapier) to PDF with PDF.co and upload it on your Google Drive using Zapier. This is to automatically convert any emails received from your specific mailbox into PDFs and upload them directly to your Google Drive.
Here’s the sample Email that we’ll be using in this tutorial.
- Make a Zap!
- Email Parser by Zapier
- Choose New Email
- Connect Your Zapier Account
- Setup Trigger
- Test Trigger
- Add PDF.co App
- Select Action Event
- Connect PDF.co Account
- Input Type to Raw HTML Code
- Email Body Plain
- Set the Name
- Test Action
- Select Google Drive
- Select Upload File
- Connect Google Drive Account
- Choose My Google Drive
- Choose the Folder
- Choose PDF.co Option
- Click Test Action
- TURN YOUR ZAP ON
Step 1: Make a Zap!
- Let’s, start by clicking on Make a Zap! at the top-right corner of your Zapier dashboard.
Step 2: Select App Event
- Next, search and select the Email Parser by Zapier from the list of available apps.
Step 3: Trigger Event
- Then, choose the New Email option. This way every time there’s a new email to your mailbox, it will trigger this Zap.
Step 4: Connect Your Zapier Account
- Select or connect your Email Parser by Zapier account.
Step 5: Setup Trigger
- Under Setup Trigger choose your specific mailbox to where the emails will be sent to.
Step 6: Test Trigger
- Now, click the Test Trigger to make sure that we set it up correctly. After running a successful test, click continue.
Step 7: Add PDF.co App
- Since we’re done with our trigger event, let’s move on to the action event. Under “Action” you can see App Event, search, and select PDF.co from the list of available apps.
Step 8: Select Action Event
- Under Action Event select Anything to PDF Converter to convert anything into PDF, e.g. URL, HTML Code, spreadsheets, images, etc.
Step 9: Connect PDF.co Account
- Select or connect your PDF.co account to Zapier. You can get your API key by clicking dashboard.
Step 10: Set Input Type
- Under the setup, action set the Input Type to Raw HTML Code.
Step 11: Set the Value
- Under Input set the value to Email Body Plain.
Step 12: Set the Name
- Set the Name, then hit continue.
Step 13: Test Action
- Let’s test the action to see the result. Once the test returns as successful, add another action by clicking the + (plus) sign.
Step 14: Select Google Drive from the Apps
- After adding another Action search and select Google Drive from the list of apps under App Event.
Step 15: Upload the File
- Under Action Event select Upload File.
NOTE: If you are not a Google Drive user, you can use a different cloud storage service such as Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., and look for a similar Action Event.
Step 16: Connect Your Google Drive Account
- Select or connect your Google Drive account to Zapier.
Step 17: Choose My Google Drive
- Under Set up action choose My Google Drive.
Step 18: Choose the Folder
- Choose the folder where you want the output file to be uploaded.
Step 19: Choose the PDF.co Option
- For your file choose the PDF.co option then click URL.
Step 20: Click Test Action
- Now, test the action to see the result.
Step 21: Turn Your Zap On
- Once the test returns as successful you can then TURN YOUR ZAP ON. Give your Zap a name by editing the Name your Zap text located at the upper-left corner of your screen.