PDF.co Add Text, Signatures, and Images to PDF is a software tool that allows users to add text, signatures, and images to PDF documents. It is part of the PDF.co suite of tools, which includes a variety of PDF editing and conversion tool. With this API tool users can easily add new text and images to an existing PDF, as well as edit or modify text and images. The tool is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, with a simple interface that allows users to quickly add or edit content in their PDF files. It supports a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors for text, as well as various image formats, including JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
PDF.co PDF Split is a software tool that allows users to split large files into smaller and more manageable files. With PDF.co PDF Split, users can select specific pages or page ranges from a PDF file and split them into separate files. This is useful for a variety of purposes, such as breaking up a large document into smaller sections for easier distribution or extracting specific pages that contain important information.
We will demonstrate how to add watermarks behind text using PDF.co and Zapier. You can easily follow along with the step-by-step guide provided below.
- Open Zapier Account
- Add Trigger Step
- Add PDF.co App
- Setup Action
- Test Result
- Generated Blank PDFs
- Add Another App
- Setup PDF Split
- Splitted PDF Files
- Add Another PDF.co
- Setup PDF Filler
- PDF Filler Result
- PDF Document with Watermarks
Step 1: Open Zapier Account
- To get started, open your Zapier account and click on the Create Zap button.
Step 2: Add Trigger Step
- Next, let’s add a trigger step that will allow us to use PDF.co to automate our workflow.
To start the workflow, we will create blank PDFs and add the watermark to prevent the original document from being overlaid using PDF.co.
Step 3: Add PDF.co App
- To create blank PDFs and add a watermark, let’s integrate the PDF.co application and select its PDF Filler API. This will enable us to generate empty PDFs and add customized watermarks to them.
Note: To establish a connection between the PDF.co account and Zapier, you need to add your API key. This key can be obtained from your PDF.co dashboard.
Step 4: Setup PDF Filler Action
To set up the PDF filler action, follow these steps for optimal results.
- First, navigate to the Text objects field, and input the desired x and y coordinates where you want to add the watermark. You can use the PDF.co PDF Viewer tool to easily get the coordinates of the document.
- Next, specify the range of PDF pages that you want to generate and ensure that you input the watermarks text along with the preferred font size, font style, and font color. These details will ensure that your PDF is customized to your preferences and that the watermark is displayed accurately in the desired location. Kindly follow this format:
x, y, pages, text ,font size, font style,and
Once you have completed the setup process, click on the “test action” button to view the results of your PDF filler action. This will allow you to verify that the watermark has been correctly added to the specified pages of your PDF document and that it appears as intended in the designated location.
Step 5: Test Result
- Great! The test was successful and received a temporary URL. You can now open this URL in your preferred browser to view the generated PDFs with the added watermarks. Take some time to review the PDFs and ensure that the watermarks have been correctly placed and appear as expected. If you are satisfied with the results, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 6: Generated Blank PDF
- Here is the generated PDF with added watermarks looks like. Take some time to carefully inspect the documents and verify that the watermarks have been correctly placed and are clearly visible without obscuring any important text or graphics.
To prevent the issue of repeated pages, we will proceed with splitting the Original PDF document into separate pages. By doing so, we can ensure that each page is displayed correctly and that there are no duplicates or other errors in the final output.
Step 7: Add Another App
- To split the pages of the Original PDF document, we will need to add another app to our workflow. Let’s select PDF.co from the list of available apps, then choose the PDF Splitter option to divide the document into separate pages. This will allow us to process each page individually and ensure that there are no duplicates or other issues in the final output.
Step 8:Setup PDF Splitter
To begin setting up the PDF Splitter, please follow these steps.
- Firstly, in the PDF URL field, input the direct URL of your original PDF document. If you are utilizing a file, you may utilize PDF.co’s file storage service to convert your file into a URL that is exclusively for PDF.co use.
- Secondly, in the Pages field, include all page ranges by using an asterisk (*) symbol.
Once you have configured the PDF Splitter as desired, it is essential to test the action to ensure that the desired outcome is achieved.
Step 9: Split PDF Files
- Great! The test was successful and the PDF files were successfully split from the original PDF document. We will utilize these PDF files to embed them into the blank pages of the PDF document.
We will incorporate an additional application to seamlessly embed the PDF files into the blank pages of the PDF document.
Step 10: Add Another PDF.co
- Let us integrate another PDF.co application and select the PDF Filler option to embed the PDF files into the empty pages of the PDF document with ease.
Step 11: Setup PDF Filler
To configure the PDF Filler, follow these steps:
- First, select the URL from the PDF Filler in the “Source PDF” field.
- Next, Add the coordinates, along with the corresponding URLs from PDF Splitter, in the “Images and PDF embeds” section.
- Then, specify your preferred output file name.
We can now perform a test run of the PDF Filler action to ensure that it has been set up correctly. This will allow us to verify that the PDF files are being embedded into the empty pages of the PDF document as intended.
Step 12: PDF Filler Result
- Excellent! The test was successful. You can now copy the temporary URL provided and paste it into your web browser to view the output of the PDF Filler action. This will allow you to confirm that the PDF files have been successfully embedded into the empty pages of the PDF document.
Step 13: PDF Document with Watermarks
- Here’s the PDF document with a watermark that has been added successfully using the powerful combination of PDF.co and Zapier. Our innovative solution offers seamless integration of these two cutting-edge technologies to deliver efficient and effective document management capabilities. You can be confident that your document is secure and protected with the watermark, adding an extra layer of security to your sensitive information.
This tutorial provides a comprehensive guide on how to add watermarks behind text using PDF.co and Zapier. The tutorial covers the process of creating an empty PDF page and adding a watermark to it, which ensures that the original document remains intact and is not overlaid by the watermark. Furthermore, the tutorial demonstrates the use of the PDF Split API, which allows for the splitting of the original PDF document into separate pages, thus preventing the issue of repeated pages.